BFA Nationals COVID-19 Protocols
Baseball For All will be adhering to all COVID-19 protocols laid out by The Ripken Experience Aberdeen.
We encourage parents, players, coaches, and all of our guests to learn more about these protocols and join us in returning to play responsibly.
- When possible, game start times will be staggered, and we recommend teams not arrive more than 1.5 hours prior to game time.
- Event information will be communicated digitally to minimize the hand-off of materials on-site. Key documents will be collected online.
- Baseballs will be designated to each team.
- Please do not share equipment. If equipment (such as catcher’s gear) is shared, a coach must properly disinfect equipment prior to the next participant’s use.
- Home plate meetings will be limited to the umpire and one (1) coach from each team; all must practice social distancing.
- Sealed water bottles will be supplied to each team, in lieu of coolers in the dugouts. Additionally, each participant will receive one (1) Gatorade bottle per day.
DURING THE GAME
- Dugouts will be expanded when necessary, and we ask for your cooperation in practicing social distancing.
- Only players and coaches with BFA wristbands will be allowed in the dugouts.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the dugouts and is intended to be used upon entering and exiting the dugout, including between innings.
- No spitting, sunflower seeds, peanuts in the shell or gum.
- Foul balls and home run balls will not be returned to gameplay.
- High-fiving and handshaking is not recommended.
- While in the dugouts, participants are required to wear a face covering. Players do not need to wear a mask when playing on the field. Umpires and coaches must wear masks on the field at all times.
- In lieu of handshaking lines, each team will line up on their respective foul line, tip their caps to the opposing team and then to their fans.
- Post-game meetings and paper reports will be eliminated.
- Gifts and awards (and rings if applicable) will be distributed to the head coach.
- Umpire evaluations will be conducted via a digital platform.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Indoor dining rooms will be closed.
- Bottled drinks and pre-packaged goods only will be served at this time. We encourage you to bring your own coolers and drinks.
- Cashless payments only will be accepted.
- Retail stores will be closed at this time.
- Mobile ordering will be available, with on-site pick-up available.
- Tournament Tees will have a designated outdoor pick-up area.
- No returns or exchanges.
- Trained medical staff will be on-site for all events.
MINIMIZING FREQUENTLY TOUCHED AREAS
- Please bring your own seating as the bleachers, picnic tables and other dining seating will be closed.
- Playgrounds will be closed.
- Shuttle services will be suspended (except for staff, umpire and medical use).
- Please bring your own personal water container as water fountains will be disabled.
- Most doors will be open or equipped with hands-free openers.
- As medical and governmental guidance changes, our Return to Play policies will continue to evolve. All updates will be communicated to participants in advance of their event.