The Baseball For All Coach Pledge
A pledge inspired by real conversations with young girls in our program.
- I will treat her as a baseball player.
- I will honor her love of baseball by giving her playing time.
- I will provide opportunities for her to play positions she’s interested in.
- I will cultivate a positive team environment.
- I will respect each girl’s opinions, lifestyle, and preferences.
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship towards opponents and umpires.
- I will provide constructive coaching without yelling at, intimidating, or humiliating my players.
- I will ensure parents treat players with the utmost respect without coaching or arguing from the stands.
- I will compete knowing that win or lose, how I made her feel is what she’ll remember most.
- I will believe in her.
- I will empower her.
- I will help her find her strengths.
- I will challenge her to be her best.
- And above all else, I will dare her to follow her dreams.